- Pain produces more pain. In this world the reaction to being hurt, the reaction to feeling slighted, insignificant, tormented, stupid, ugly, and broken is to become angry and to take it out on someone else. Sometimes the someone else is the person that hurt you, sometimes they had nothing to do with it. This is necessary to keep in mind when you experience pain in any way, shape or form. As christians we are not called to do this. We are called to be humble and to bear the burdens of others in our prayer lives.
- Sometimes it’s necessary to be sad. One of my favorite quotes says as much: ” Before we can see properly we must first shed our tears to clear the way.” There are times that I forget as much. And there are times that I can’t do anything but cry because I’m so very lost.
- Superficial conversations are for cowards that are not brave enough to genuinely connect and know other people because they are afraid of being known and being found wanting.
- No good deed goes unpunished. That one is courtesy of my dad. It’s the truth.
- There is a time and a place for everything. Things seem wrong in one light and perfect in another. A song sucks until you are able to fully understand what it means. A friendship is forced until a certain season creates a bond. An attraction is a whisper until a look, a conversation, a moment turns another person into the background music of your life.