- Knowing God’s comfort has been so essential to me this year. Last year at this time I was driving to the airport in Boston with my brother to pick up Derek. Last year right after Thanksgiving Derek came over and made us Jack Daniels Cheese Burgers. They were delicious. That was the last time I saw him before he died. The only thing that has kept me in some semblance of sanity is knowing who God is and that he is near to the brokenhearted.
- God has provided for me and my family time and again this year. When I needed a job, He dropped one in my lap. When I needed another job He guided me to it. He has been able to keep a roof over our heads and food in our bellies.
- My parents just had their 3rd anniversary. Technically they were married for 20 years and then divorced, and then remarried each other. They don’t make marriage look easy, but they do prove that they have the will to fight for their relationship.
- We found a church to be a part of that is local and incredibly sweet. God managed to help us find a part of his body to be a part of when we really needed it, and I am personally so thankful for that.
- My distance from my BFF has become much smaller, which is one of the very best parts of living in Maine. Maybe the only part I like most days. It’s much easier to make plans to see her when I don’t have to travel 4 hours to do so.
- Brady was brought into the world this year. As my BFF’s firstborn I know that I will forever love the little man. I don’t get to see him nearly enough but I’m even thankful for hearing him cry over the phone.
- God has been really faithful to slam doors in my face this year. This is something I have learned after the fact, and something I have been very humbled by. When the things I wanted were in reach and God decided they weren’t what I needed he took them away, even with me kicking and screaming to have them back. And now I can see these restrictions as blessings.
- Being able to hang out with my brother is my choice favorite. He and I are both getting busier with work, but I wouldn’t be able to handle life without him this year. I already love him, but the more I get to know him and his character the more pride I take in what kind of person I’m related to.
- Books have been a very good thing recently, even if it’s just rereading old favorites.
- Being single is not always something I feel blessed about but the more I learn about myself and where God needs to work on my heart the more I am thankful that no one else has to deal with me right now.
- I still get to cut hair on the side and that is such a blessing. It’s still what I love to do, but I’m sort of glad I don’t have to work in a salon. I never seem to fit in to them.
- Of course, Maxwell.