- It is THAT MUCH closer to Halloween weekend which means I am THAT MUCH closer to getting some quality BFF time!
- My room has been completely overhauled and cleaned! That means everything has a place, I got two new shelf type things, and I even dusted as much as possible and vacuumed!
- I put on a pair of my favorite jeans recently that I haven’t worn in a long time and found a bunch of fortunes in the pocket: Even the smartest person can learn something from the dumbest. He who climbs a ladder must begin at the first step. He who hesitates is last. Understand yourself so you man understand others. If your cookie is in 2 pieces, the answer is yes. From error to error, one discovers the entire truth. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot. Faith is a law. He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened. Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
- I got to spend some time with some wonderful people while in MA, including taking a car ride with the Lumberjack, finding out that there’s a male indian version of me with Kitten, and all three of us crossing our fingers for my cousin’s date thingy. Oh, not to mention a semi-fail Disney Movie night. But even half of The Emperor’s New Groove is good enough for me!
- Everyone does different things when they are bored, and one thing I like to do is play with my make-up. I was playing last night while prepping for my Halloween costume (Buzzed Lightyear) and I’m excited to try something a little outlandish but still very me.
- Listening to a massive amount of Bethany Dillon this week, including the new CD. This girl is so young, with such a rich voice, and her songs are simple but explain exactly what I wish I could have said. I’m not big on worship through music, but her songs absolutely put me in that kind of place.
- There is nothing quite so precious as a snuggle with a dog that loves you. He turned 2 years old this month, and I am trying to spend a bit more time with him, seeing as the dogs are sort of put in a room to hang while the family doesn’t pay attention to them. There’s nothing quite so lovely as when he jumps up on my leg after work, it’s his way of saying “hey I missed you, will you love me? I love you!” Puppy kisses are so good!
- I finally told Sampson I don’t want to talk to him. I did it for selfish reasons, but sometimes finally standing up for yourself and your own well-being is the best reason to do something. It’s no good to hold on to the pain and anger just because you don’t want to lose some sort of connection.
- Speaking of that special someone for the future, I found an old list of things I want in my future husband and among some silly things (“musician, recreationally.” “Blue eyes, because I seem to be attracted to brown eyes and I have a feeling it will be opposite.”) there was one at the top of the list that is quite real, and it is “Born again christian, stronger than I”. I remember not telling anyone about this list, and thinking that people would see me as weak because I want a strong husband. But as a wise woman once told me, God wants us to be with people who will help us become better christians, the best follower of Christ that we can be. And if I have a husband who is stronger than I and I love him enough to marry him, I’m thinking I will want to be the best wife and best christian I can be. Because if not there will be no hope for the marriage, as I believe that if we don’t have God as the center of our marriage it will fall to ruin. Not that I have any idea who I’m marrying, but I like to be well-educated on things that matter to me.
- Sometimes a quick bubble bath just puts you right to sleep… especially with moisturizer milk bubble bath and rose & lavender-scented bath oil. Indulgent!
- Joshua 1:8&9 – Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
- Pictures from The Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade! Pictures from here and here.