Here is what I think about New Years resolutions. They’re not important, not alone anyway. Goals! They are what resolutions help you to complete! Without the resolution to achieve a goal there is nothing to get you going! So I’ve been compiling some goals I’d like to achieve this year, and I won’t get too far into them at this point but it’s good to put them somewhere aside from my graphing notebook. (best thing ever to have with you for doodling. There’s so many little squares!)
- Stop the Cycles. I’ve found that my life is moving towards a stagnation state, and the reason is mostly because of the stupid cycles that I continue to let myself run in. I see them everywhere, in my bad habits, my friendships, my non-existent love life, my work, my lack of blogging. I like blogging ya’ll! So I’m going to take a little time to pin point the really bad cycles, the ones that are keeping me from getting more out of life, and try to find the root issues and handle them. I want to set a better example to those who are younger than me spiritually and literally, and I don’t want myself to get in the way of being seen as someone who adults can trust.
- Start a Group/Lead? “As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.” – John 9:4
This is something that’s been on my mind for a long while, and I haven’t figured out how to do it yet but I’ve been talking with some important-to-talk-to people about it and getting some encouraging feed back.
- Get a Clearer Map for Life. This one is going to require a lot of the painful and desperate prayer that I have not always been known for. But I want to know God’s directions, I want to know where He wants me to be and I’m determined to put myself in a place where He can pick me up and move me without me fighting back.
- Learn about Self-Discipline. This one is going to be really hard. That’s all I have to say.
- Show Grace. “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people who are his very own, eager to do what is good. These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.” – Titus 2:11-15
Everything will take some time, and steps will be taken before leaps and bounds. I’m going to have to get into the Word like it’s my job and pray continually, and learn the true meaning of crucifying the flesh (not literally). But I want to be able to look back on this year and see that I did start to really dedicate my life to God’s work. I want to see that I set my dreams and myself aside. I am not sure what that will look like, but I’m willing to find out.
Beautiful Goals! Good Luck! Thank you fro sharing you!
Pingback: Happy 2013. « Dirty Sean