- I’ve developed this technique that I use whenever I want someone to continue doing something, it is being super positive about whatever it is that I want him or her to do continually. The only problem is that when it comes to doing this to guys it involves complimenting them in a way that makes me sound like a horny grandmother. A kid at school gets his awful perm cut off and my response is “You look so handsome! I didn’t know you were so handsome before!” and “Look, he’s got a good smile! I couldn’t see it past that awful jerry curl.” I know that those aren’t the best examples, but considering the fact that I mean these compliments in platonic ways and they can be taken in any way, shape or form… Yeah. I’m not going to stop doing it anytime soon. Too much fun.
- Each and every Gran in existence has the right idea about things. Why not get your hair set once or twice a week? All that gel adds volume, and you get to have a great Do for days. That and layering on the lipstick, which should smell just like lipstick, and you have instant class.
- I need breakfast and coffee every morning before school or else I could become demon possessed. I went crazy on Monday, quite a sight from what I understand, because of a lack of breakfast sandwich and iced coffee with caramel and cream. Funny, my ex’s dad thought that Harry Potter would be the way I would get myself a demon, but it turns out it’s caffine deprivation.
- Everyone is insecure in some way. That manifests in different forms: fear of everything, a need to be better than, a need to be desirable to the opposite gender, questioning one’s own abilities or even the simple waffling of the mind. It’s something that backs so many actions that I can’t get mad at people when I look at their real incentives.
- Loyalty is hard to come by. This isn’t entirely new to me, as I learned what loyalty is by being the opposite of the definition. My best friend in the entire world taught me where the lines were because I kept on crossing them. At this point I’m still learning continually how to be as loyal as she is, but I can see clearly how it isn’t played out with everyone and how it affects the trust that you thought was built in a friendship.
- Everyone has an agenda, and if you’re not a part of it you’re in the way.
- Ecclesiastes 3:15 – “That which is now already has been, and that which is to be already has been; and God seeks that which has passed by [so that history repeats itself].” Everything that is in the world of fashion, the world of beauty, is an altered image of something we have already seen. That’s the way it goes. What is new is just something that is old filtered through a new lens. An understanding of this is what helps enable you to create new things.